At AXON Communications we are looking for an experienced, pro-active and innovative Account Director. Within this role you will hold senior account management, in addition to the management of team members. You will provide clients with effective counsel, be responsible for challenging briefs, managing crises and ensuring quality control throughout the processes and recommending innovative and strategic solutions. Within this role you will be an advocate for AXON and increase business development opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and management of multiple accounts, including work plan, issue resolution and scope change
- Quality assurance of projects
- Setting and managing budgets
- Client liaison
- Ensuring accounts’ profitability
- Guidance and support of junior team members
- Managing multiple account priorities with essential business responsibilities
- Management, mentoring and monitoring the long-term career development of staff
- Participation in recruitment activities
- Identifying and capitalising on business opportunities
- Collaborating with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL network
At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, attending networking events, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience spent in a Medical Communications agency environment
- Excellent writing and creative thinking skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and new business initiative
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A team focused mind-set
- Problem-solving attitude
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Passionate about science and healthcare, educated to a minimum degree level (life science being an advantage)
Who We Are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto and Copenhagen, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
AXON is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
Please note that candidates must have permission to work in the location for which they are applying.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com