The professional development and progression of our team and ambitious future business growth plans mean that AXON is looking to hire for a number of junior-level positions (x2 Associate Medical Writers, Account Executive – PR, Account Executive – Med Comms).
Working alongside some of the strongest medical communications and healthcare PR professionals in the industry, this is an opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive and collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct research to support client briefs
- Attend meetings/teleconferences as part of the consulting team and prepare meeting notes
- Manage supplier relationships for clients
- Compile and manage media lists
- Be involved in brainstorming innovative approaches to resolve client challenges
- Handle ongoing administrative duties, including preparing documents and presentations in advance of client meetings
- Liaise with the creative and editorial teams to book and manage workflow for associated client work
- Arrange and co‐ordinate meetings and handle associated logistics, resources and any refreshments as requested
At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, attending networking events, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Life Science degree
- Intermediate writing skills with demonstrated potential for more advanced work
- A passion for communications and science
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A proactive solutions-focussed attitude
- Strong IT skills, being comfortable with Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Previous experience in healthcare or medical communications is not required, but would be advantageous
Who We Are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto and Copenhagen, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
AXON is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
Please note that candidates must have permission to work in the location for which they are applying.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org