We are looking for an accomplished Associate Editorial Director to join our established and dedicated Medical Communications team. You will take on the responsibility of editorial lead on particular projects, as well as having the chance to provide strategic input and be involved in business development. A rewarding part of this role is the guidance and support you can provide to more junior writers, and the Medical Communications team as a whole.
While this role would need to be based in our London office, AXON offers flexible start/end time around our core working hours and working from home would be accessible.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The review of a wide range of documents
- Ensuring that the highest level of scientific and editorial excellence are applied to each and every project
- Proactively identifying and developing processes/tools required by the client and/or team to help ensure editorial excellence
- Proactively keeping abreast of editorial and scientific advances and sharing this knowledge with teams
- Development of complex documents and materials requiring strategic insight.
- Line management of internal team members
- Mentoring and coaching other writers and monitoring long-term career development
- Successfully managing client relationships
- Providing effective counsel to clients
- Identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities
- Building account teams using a ‘best team’ approach
- Leading formal client meetings
At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, attending networking events, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- Extensive relevant writing experience, gained within a medical communications setting
- Expertise in diabetes, and other therapy areas
- Excellent writing, presentation and creative skills
- Experience of reviewing at a senior level
- Proven ability to form client relationships
- Ability to be a role model for aspiring writers
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
Who We Are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto and Copenhagen, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
AXON is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
Please note that candidates must have permission to work in the location for which they are applying.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org