At AXON Communications we are looking to expand our Editorial team with the addition of a passionate, dedicated and detail-oriented Associate Principal Medical Writer. Your role will be truly varied, giving you the opportunity to expand your experience further than just the hands-on writing of publications or slide decks. Given our collaborative multi-office approach, the successful candidate could be based in either London, Brighton and Copenhagen. We are also open to discussions regarding fully home-based working.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The creation of a wide range of documents
- Review of junior team members work for style, strategy, content accuracy and data checking
- Line management of junior writers
- Successfully managing client relationships
- Providing effective counsel to clients
- Identifying and capitalising on business opportunities
- Leading formal client meetings
- Mentoring, coaching and monitoring the long-term career development of staff
In addition to your responsibilities of creating documents, reviewing projects and managing client relationships at AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or corporate social responsibilities (CSR) Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant writing experience spent in a medical communications/pharmaceutical environment
- Broad knowledge of therapy areas (preferably in diabetes and/or oncology)
- Senior review experience
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- A team-focused mindset
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Who we are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto and Copenhagen, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
AXON is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and neurodiverse people.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period. Benefits may vary based on location (country).
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations of London, Brighton and Copenhagen.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com