Due to ambitious growth plans and the professional development of our team, we are looking to hire a number of experienced Medical Writers (at a variety of levels).
Whatever level you join us at, your role will be truly varied, giving you the opportunity to expand your experience further than just the hands-on writing of publications or slide decks.
Given our collaborative multi-office approach, you could be based in either London, Brighton, Copenhagen or be 100% home-based. We are also open to part-time working patterns (please see below for more information).
Your responsibilities will be dependent upon level, but will include:
- Working independently and with more senior writers to research, write and quality control scientific documents for a range of purposes and platforms (e.g., slide kits, publications, newsletters, conference materials)
- Developing and maintaining professional relations with opinion leaders
- Assisting, supporting or driving new business development
- Successfully managing client relationships
- Mentoring and coaching more junior writers
At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, attending networking events, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The Ideal candidates will have:
- Relevant writing experience spent in a medical communications/pharmaceutical environment
- Broad knowledge of therapy areas (preferably in diabetes and/or oncology)
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
- A passion for communications and science
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A proactive solutions-focussed attitude
- Strong IT skills, being comfortable with Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Who We Are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto and Copenhagen, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
AXON is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. At all times we aim to recruit, develop and promote the very best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people, ethnic minorities, and neurodiverse people.
COVID-19 and Work Location
Whilst our employees are currently predominantly working from home, we will move to a hybrid model of working in the future across our office locations.
We anticipate that some of our team will start returning to the office in the coming months. We will ensure that our office remains COVID-secure and in line with government guidance are conducting risk assessments and putting precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
This said, we want to create an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce and we know that everyone has different needs. We therefore offer flexible working and are open to having a conversation around what flexibility means for you (considering work location and working patterns).
Please note that candidates must have permission to work in the location for which they are applying.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org